Then we were getting ready to leave and Daniel had his radio in his hands. It was a toy he'd gotten for Christmas last year and I just figured he'd decided to bring it from home in the morning. Then the babysitter tried to take it, saying it was for Isaiah and it needed to stay at her house...
So I got very confused and said, "But didn't he bring that from home this morning?" and the babysitter got an odd look on her face. Apparently Sydney had decided that baby Isaiah needed a present, and had chosen Daniel's radio and wrapped it up and brought it to the babysitter's for the baby. There was a big presentation and they unwrapped it and everyone was excited.
Great idea - in theory - Except, she'd decided to give away Daniel's toys - so I had to step in. The babysitter and I cleared up the confusion and decided that Daniel could keep his radio, but we'd absolutely find something else of Sydney's that we can give to the baby as a present.
So on the way home, Sydney was very upset. And we started talking about giving, and how it's not fair to give away other people's things, that we'd go through Sydney's toys and choose something. She was quiet for a minute, and then says, "but why would I want to give away my OWN toys???"
Ahh, there's the 3 year old view. We're on the right track with the idea, but she definitely needs to learn a little bit more to firm up the execution :) She's a funny girl, my Sydney...
2 comments:
sounds like she has a heart of gold, but a little confusion. Love 3 year olds.
I love this!
Post a Comment