Thursday, April 28, 2011

A pre-mother's day story..

So sydney asked me tonight why I was sad that her and Daniel don't sleep in cribs anymore. I said that it meant they weren't babies anymore and that made me sad.

She asked why I'd be sad that she wasn't a baby anymore and I said that as kids get older and aren't babies anymore, they don't need their moms as much...

She looked at me with surprise and said, "But mommy, of course we still need you.....We need you to wash the dishes..."

Yup, that about sums it up :)

3 comments:

The Plateniks said...

In that case, I also need you. Does 5:30 tonight work for your skilled dish washing hands?

Anonymous said...

Too funny! I cringe to think of what my kids would say.

Somjam said...

Hilarious! Oh, the things they say! She is so cute, you gotta love it!

Sommer